grade's #PAINDEMONIUM climbing challenge
Do you even climb bro?
Yeah, yeah, we know… there are many climbing challenges out there, so sue us! We are creating yet another one. Now, this one kids, this one will be PAINDEMONIUM!
Ride twice the elevation of Mt Diablo, daily, for one week… to complete PAINDEMONIUM for a total of 53,872 ft (16,420.186 meters) in 7 consecutive days.
- All riders must join grade Strava club. (https://www.strava.com/clubs/grade)
- Riders must Tag all PAINDEMONIUM rides with the [#PAINDEMONIUM rideX/7] structure, X being the number of the ride from 1 to 7.
- We recommend you also send us a quick note so we can track your progress and help your motivation, as well as to share pics of your progress using the #PAINDEMONIUM in your social media channels.
- The rides have to be in consecutive order and days, can start and end any day of the week.
- Rides can be of any length, but must NOT be virtual rides.
- Rides CAN be loops
- The challenge is to complete 16,420.186 mts of climbing elevation in a time of 7 consecutive days.
- The ride must be recorded using a GPS enabled bicycle computer.
- Rides should be shared through Strava. Elevation from the total rides will be accrued from Strava data.
- Strava rides should not be private.
- Electric bikes or other motorized vehicles are not accepted. Walking the bike is also NOT acceptable.
- Any suspicion of mechanical/electronic doping, motorized assistance double dipping or any kind of wankering will be penalized with disqualification from the challenge and public shaming.
Prizes and Considerations.
The bitter-sweet taste of pain. And victory.
Riders who complete the challenge will win:
- grade challenge coin
- THE PAIN GANG Team patch
- PAINDEMONIUM CHALLENGE HAT
- paindemonium commemorative tshirt
- 30% discount on ONE "THE PAIN GANG" grade Hors Category Cycling Jersey.
- Social mention of your awesomeness at The Pain Gang IG feed, as well as in our leadership board in the website
grade strongly recommends and encourages all riders attempting the challenge to:
- Consult with your physician or family doctor BEFORE AND AFTER attempting to complete the challenge
- Inform your family and friends when, where and how you plan to complete the challenge. We recommend you also send us a quick note so we can track your progress and help your motivation.
- This is NOT A RACE. So, take your time, listen to your body and BE SMART. You can try to complete the challenge any time of the year, and there are no limits on the number of times you can try.
- Observe traffic rules. Don't ride if tired or exhausted.
- Make sure your bicycle is in appropriate mechanical conditions.
- grade is not liable for any injuries or death resulting from attempting or completing the challenge.